Enterprising Africa is a space to express opinions and share experience and knowledge on entrepreneurship in Africa.
Our objective is to create a unique platform for African entrepreneurs to express and share their ideas. This blog encourages spontaneous contributions, and the sharing of results gathered from the research on African entrepreneurship, advocating for the development of entrepreneurship in Africa. All ideas are published as long as they are argued.
Who is this blog for?
- For African entrepreneurs and those who aspire to become African entrepreneurs: a blog to share their experience but also to get advice and information to start or develop their business!
- For actors whose mission is to support African entrepreneurship: development actors, investors, incubators, networks, advisors…
- For researchers willing to share their work for a better understanding of the African context in which entrepreneurs operate
What content is published on the blog?
The blog gathers research articles, experience sharing and field testimonies on African businesses. The articles are classified into three main categories:
- Testimonies: Sharing its daily experience, career path
- Insights: giving an understanding of a particular issue
- Opinions: writing a committed article, open for debate
This blog is powered by Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P), the Foundation for Studies and Research on International Development (FERDI) and the African Club of Entrepreneurs.
Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) is an impact investing group fully dedicated to small and medium enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa, with the firm conviction that these enterprises actively contribute to sustainable and inclusive growth on the continent. Since its launch in 2002, I&P has supported about 90 small and medium enterprises based in 16 Sub-Saharan African countries. These companies create local value and sustainable jobs, but also generate significant social, environmental and governance impacts.
Created in 2003, the Foundation for Studies and Research on International Development (FERDI) aims to promote a better understanding of international economic development and the factors that influence it. FERDI supports research activities to study development issues and seeks to strengthen the French-speaking potential in this area.
The African Club of Entrepreneurs is a pan-African organization inaugurated in 2016. It brings together women and men involved in the entrepreneurial adventure and united by a common commitment to sustainable and responsible development in Africa. Its missions are to carry out advocacy actions to support the entrepreneurial cause and to develop economic opportunities both in and out of its network of members.